5.24.2011

Love for Beirut


If I were to look into the Mirror of Erised right this second, I would probably see myself standing in a huge house decorated Anthropologie-style holding hands with a guy who looks strangely like John Krasinski.


BUT after I got those things, THEN I would look and see myself getting my ukulele signed by my most favoritist singer in the world, Zach Condon.
He's like the epitome of everything I love.
I realize that most people would hear his music and go, "what the freak, you actually like that?". But the answer is "Yes, I LOVE IT." His music includes basically every instrument: ukuleles, accordions, trumpets, violins, glockenspiels, flugel horns...and he can play ALL of them! Plus his voice is so fantastic, it gives me the goosebumps. He's traveled the world to hear the different sorts of music and he adapts it into his own. His songs just scream passion. And he's 25 freaking years old.
Right now, I'm REALLY hoping to be able to see him when I go to NY this summer. He's performing at McCarren Park on June 17, and my world would just flip if I could go see him live.
So, without further ado, I present Zach Condon's band "Beirut".



P.S. If you don't like him, just keep that to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me! Thanks for being here. You are awesome sauce.