12.12.2011

The best way to spread Christmas cheer...


In case you're also sick of reruns of that one Pachabel children's chorus thing on the radio (on this day, on this day, on this freaking christmas dayyyyy) and Bieb's version of "Drummer Boy" (oh my crap you have to listen to that. It's cringe worthy, but oddly fascinating), here is my somewhat-indie Christmas playlist that I burned to listen to in my car. Feel free to enjoy it for the last 13 days before Christmas:
The best way to spread Christmas cheer is
singing loud for all to hear

The Christmas Waltz, by She & Him
Mistletoe, by Colbie Caillat
I Saw Three Ships, by Sufjan Stevens
Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, by Jack Johnson
Christmastime is Here, by A Fine Frenzy
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), by Death Cab for Cutie
Happy Christmas, by Maroon 5
Silent Night/Away in a Manger, by Relient K
Winter Wonderland, by Jason Mraz
A Great Big Sled, by The Killers
Christmas Lights, by Coldplay
Carol of the Bells, by The Bird and the Bee
Little Drummer Boy, by Family Force 5
Blue Christmas, by Bright Eyes
Winter Song, by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson
Auld Lang Syne, by Pink Martini


Also good:
Relient K's entire christmas album. It still is, and will forever be, my favorite.

Christmas albums by Straight No Chaser & Eclipse. I'm a sucker for male a capella choirs when they're bursting with christmas spirit. Oh the testosterone...

She & Him, Michael Bublé, The Osmonds. All classy and classic.

And you can't go through an entire winter season without some of Adam Sandler's Hannuka:


Happy Holidays! 
(Including December 13. National Ice Cream Day. I know I'm celebrating.)

1 comment:

  1. Stop it! Today is national ice cream day!! Don't worry, I will def be celebrating with you. My favorite Christmas song is "Where Are You, Christmas" by Faith Hill mostly because I once witnessed a very large man singing it while crossing the cross walk. Ever since then I have had a tender spot in my heart for that song.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me! Thanks for being here. You are awesome sauce.