11.12.2012

Dima Rebus, favorite artist #19

In case you're wondering if I have an organized series of favorite artists, I do not.
I just assign a number when I find an artist I like. 
Just to confuse you.  

As you look at these morbid and edgy paintings by Dima Rebus, I suggest you listen to this song by Bowerbirds to enhance your experience. 
The tone of the song and the tone of these awesome watercolor paintings seem to reflect each other. 

I mean, check out the lyrics from this song:

And no, you're not alone. No, my cousins, you're not alone.
You're in our talons now, and we're never letting go.

You're in our headlights, frozen, and no, we're not stopping.
You may not believe, but even we were scared at first.
It takes a lot of nerve to destroy this wondrous earth.
We're only human; this at least we've learned.

A little unsettling, right?

These paintings make me really want to learn how to watercolor again. There's a certain style that comes with watercoloring. Oil painting has taken over my brain and I've completely forgotten how to do it. (I have proof of this in my sketchbook from that one time a few weeks ago I tried to watercolor a donut. Yup. It looks like a 2 year old did it.) 
Maybe I'll take a watercolor class when we move up to Idaho in January. It's a thought.

Okay, be sure to press play. Check this guy out:

    

Absolutely and exactly what I love. Subtle. Creepy. Really edgy. My favorite.


See a lot more here at his website: 

And keep listening to Bowerbirds. Their albums are great. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me! Thanks for being here. You are awesome sauce.