5.09.2014

good good good

image

I'd just like to acknowledge that we're going through a good phase.

There's usually always something bad going on: Rory's teething, Andy's working too much, somebody's sick, no one's getting enough sleep....Those things are pretty easy to talk about. And it's really easy to empathize with someone when they're going through a rough patch, because hey, we've all been there. I don't want to complain too much. I want to complain just the right amount.

So, I just want to acknowledge the fact that there isn't a blatant problem in our lives right now. 

Rory is sleeping. Even if he is awake when I put him in his crib, he will fall asleep on his own. Most of the time. We're done with the whole cry it out business. He is only waking up twice a night. Most nights he gives us a solid 6 hour chunk. You guys, this is huge. And I am so grateful. He is HAPPY and well rested (which should mean that I am happy and well rested, and while I am happy, Andy and I keep staying up until 2am watching House because we are WEIRDO's. I should be taking advantage of all those sleep hours, but no, I don't). 

We aren't having huge financial issues. We got a surprisingly huge tax return that has literally saved our butts. Remember how I was talking about all those things I could buy if only I had a few hundred bucks? Done. Bought. Now Rory has an adorable summer wardrobe and we actually will be able to afford to drive around this summer to see visit family. We aren't at each other's throats when we talk about bills or how much we spent on groceries. We can relax a bit, which is such a relief. 

We have big summer plans! There is so much to look forward to! My family is taking a trip to California to go to the beach and Disneyland, which OMG MEANS RORY IS GOING TO DISNEYLAND! I've just become one of those camera-loving-fanny-packing-touristy mama's who is just UBER excited to get a picture of Rory with Mickey. We're also hoping to visit Andy's parents in Spokane over Memorial Day, and go to a family reunion in St. George over the 4th of July. The fact that we can now afford to do these things is so freeing. I'm so excited.  

It's starting to get warm outside which means we can go sit and watch the cars and bikers and get some sun on our translucent skin. The grass is turning green and the sky is clearing up and I don't feel so trapped in this dead Idaho wasteland. Rory is able to stay awake for extended periods of time now without a complete meltdown, so we're actually adventuring outside of the house and experiencing life. How great is that?

So right now, Rory is napping, I've got banana bread in the oven, there's a thunderstorm outside, and I'm wrapped up in a blanket watching HGTV and procrastinating homework. It's friday, and Andy doesn't have school tomorrow, so we're finally going to get around to seeing the Lego movie at the cheap seats and maybe go out to eat because it's Mother's day this weekend and I'm going to push my luck.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me! Thanks for being here. You are awesome sauce.