11.21.2014

a happy moment

Lately, Rory doesn't like to be cradled in my arms as I rock him to sleep. He'll wiggle around until his head is up on my shoulder, and then he'll wiggle some more and wiggle some more to try and get himself comfortable.

Tonight, I was rocking him to sleep, his head was up on my shoulder and I was humming a Christmas song. Randomly, he pulled himself up and opened his mouth wide for a kiss. I kissed his open mouth, he smiled, and laid his head back down. Then he pulled himself up again, and opened his mouth wide and kissed me for a second time. And then he did it again. And again. And again. And I couldn't help but smile and let it happen, even though my laughing woke him more and I knew it'd be a while before he fell asleep again. I'm still smiling thinking about it.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little moment. Man, little kids are just the sweetest, most wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me! Thanks for being here. You are awesome sauce.